Friday, July 23, 2010

Panzenella Salad...yum!

Hi folks!  So I made a favorite of mine tonight to go with steak tonight and it came out so beautifully...I just had to share it!

Panzenella Salad


Very yummy and a great way to use up tomato's and day old bread.  
In fact, this a traditional Italian peasant dish...or so I'm told.  I had the real deal in Italy years back and I'm taken back every time I make it...even though I "American" it up a little.  You'll see what I mean...

What you need:
1 pound Roma tomato's
fresh sweet basil
fresh Mozzarella cheese (or shredded cheese)
day old baguette (or croutons)
extra virgin olive oil (or any dressing you like)

Step 1:  Quarter your tomato's (de-seed if you want)
Step 2:  Chop up a few sprigs of sweet basil and add to the bowl
Step 3:  Grate some fresh mozzarella (or use shredded bagged mozzarella)
Step 4:  Cut the bread into chunks and throw it in right before your serve (or use croutons)
Step 5:  Drizzle with a little olive oil (or your fav dressing)

I love this stuff!
Delicious!

Quick and easy!  A yummy favorite that everyone will love!


Ginger
SSB

I'm linking:

Show Off Your Recipe at Fireflies and Jellybeans
Hook'n Up with HoH at House of Hepworths

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this looks good!!

    P.S. I'm passing an award to you. Check it out: http://christinascreativeside.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails