Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Strong. Like. Bull.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but my husband, Michael, and I are committee members for Jackie's Hope for a Cure and we both fight for Lung Cancer victims. 

We have a main event coming up that we are all very excited about...dun ta da DA!!!!
A RODEO EVENT!!!

And for this event I am submitting some paintings for auction and 100% of the proceeds will go towards lung cancer research and awareness.

Here is one of my submittals...
Very abstract and modern but also depicting strength and awe.
Also very simple for any artist.

I started out with an old canvas to paint over...
Turned it on its side and started applying colors with a pallet knife.  I used brown, yellow, white, and blue.
Just scrape the paint down the canvas, much like icing a cake!
I then traced out the form of the bull with the point of the knife right into the wet paint.
And then filled in the form with globs of blue paint.  I then applied some black paint to create shadows on the bull.  All done!

Here are a few close ups...

Donations are always welcome for our cause.  Please visit our website and blog for more information.
And click here to donate!

Ginger
SSB

I'm linking:

Marketing Mondays at The Trendy Treehouse
Craftastic Mondays at Sew Can Do
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative Party Blog
Anything Related Tuesdays at All Thingz Related
Hoo's Got Talent at Night Owl Crafting
We Did It Wednesday at Sew Much Ado
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
What You're Work'n With at Me and My Bucket

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails