Friday, January 7, 2011

10 Minute Kitchen...for FREE!

So Jackie was talking tonight about cooking a "big dinner" and a little play kitchen is something I've wanted to get the boys for awhile, but just never got around to it.

I've seen a lot of DIY kitchens online and have wanted to tackle a few.  Like this one.
But I'm a little intimidated.  Trying to turn an old dresser into a play kitchen...?  Nope.

But I heard about bin kitchens and have seen a few around bloggy land like this one.
I thought I could do that!  And I did.

I took the easy way out and pulled this puppy together for free in under 10 minutes...probably sooner if Jack would've stopped bugging me.

I already had an empty bin not in use.  I traced some circles out of construction paper and cut em out.  Four big ones for the burners, four small ones for the top knobs and 4 more small ones for the front knobs.
Then taped em all down with clear packing tape.  All done!

The hard part was figuring out what I could do without in my kitchen, so Jackie would have some stuff to cook in his kitchen.  

So even though this is a free project so far, I think we'll be heading up to the local thrift store this weekend to find some inexpensive cookware for the budding chef!

Enjoy!

Ginger
SSB

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea .. Loved going thru ur wonderful blog ...

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun food ideas for little ones )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love that you don't have to commit to something that will take up a ton of space and can reuse the bin for something else when he is on to the next thing:)

    Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...boy girl you have found your niche...so much in one year...go girl! I hope you are all enjoying our little snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I'd love for you to come link up.

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/fun-for-kids-friday_20.html

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great Thrifty Idea! Thanks for linking up! :)www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SOO great! I'm thinking that the tote can hold all of the kitchen stuff inside too! I've seen so many play kitchens on blogs, but nothing that I had the patience for. This is perfect. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! My littlest guy will be ready for a play kitchen soon and this will be such a money saver! I'm thinking Christmas gift next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. This would make a cool/inexpensive gift for upcoming birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday! I featured your 10 minute kitchen on my blog this week. I'd love for you to stop buy and grab an "I was featured" button. :) http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/01/diy-thrifty-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to shoot you a message that DIY Thrifty Thursday @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com is back up and running! I've got a cleaning/organizing linky up now, and DIY Thrifty Thursday will be up Thursday. Hope to see you back there again! :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails