Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dress Rescue Part No. 2

So you saw my first dress rescue...I have one more...but it was a little trickier.

And I loved how it turned out!
The white ruffled part was already on there, but again...this dress had a REALLY low neckline.
(about an inch of my bra cup was showing on each side!!  And I wasn't gonna post a pic of it.)

But I couldn't rescue this one like my other three dresses.  Hmmm...what to do?
I decided to alter the sleeves and pull it in about an inch in the shoulders to bring up the front.

By turning the dress inside out, I pinched the back and front necklines together and stitched a new shoulder seam (starting an inch down...tapering up to the corner seam for the shoulder).

The result is full coverage in the front :) and...a cute little capped sleeve!

There were belt loops on the sides...but no belt.  No biggie...I had one that would work and with my altering, the waist line was shifted anyways.  I snipped em off and here is the new waist line with a smart black belt.
Yippee!  I'm wearing it to work tomorrow!

Ginger
SSB

I'm linking to these great parties!

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, this is gorgeous. I wish you'd told us you bought it instead of altered it, because then I'd have a chance! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails