Monday, December 13, 2010

Poinsettia Ornaments

So I was invited to a Craft Party by a friend of mine and I wanted to come up with an easy and inexpensive craft to show everyone.  It needed to be something that everyone could afford to buy supplies for and could hand out as gifts. 

I knew I wanted to make an ornament but I had to brainstorm about what materials to use.  It had to be something that pretty much anyone could afford and would possibly already have the tools needed on hand. 
This is what I came up with...
I know the picture sucks...but every single one I took came out blurry.  And when I finally got a clear one, I could not crop and save it. sigh.

All you need is some ball ornaments, silk poinsettia stems, and jingle bells.
I bought plastic glitter balls (6 pack) and poinsettia bundles at the $1 store for a buck a piece.  Then got the jingle bells at the craft store for less than $2 for a packet.  I bought enough to hang 2 bells on each ornament.

Then I cut the flowers off the stems and also cut a few leaves to help "garnish".  Hot glued the flowers on the top of the balls and tied 2 jingle bells on.  Simple!
And everyone loved them.

Ginger
SSB

I'm linking:

Craftastic Mondays at Sew Can Do
Creative Juice Tuesdays at These Creative Juices
We Did It Wednesdays at Sew much Ado
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Show Off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans
Hooked Up at House of Hepworths
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Plant a Seed at Punkin Seed Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails