Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home-made Playdough anyone???

Check out a cool recipe I found...

Play Dough Recipe
I used to make a batch of this play-dough once a month in the classroom. Changing the colors for the season. Although 20 little hands stayed busy shaping and molding, the play dough never dried out!

You'll need:
Flour 3cups
Salt 1 1/2 cups
Water 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2TB.
Cream of tartar 1TB.
Food coloring few drops or unsweetened "Kool-Aid" 1pkg.

Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away
from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.
Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.
Store in an air tight container.

Sounds pretty simple! I think I may have to give it a try and post about my results! Check it out for more kid craft ideas.

Happy Crafting!!
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 boys at the moment, not sure what the 3rd one is just yet, but my wife certainly would like a girl :)

    Thanks for the playdough recipe, I have made quite a bit of playdough myself. I find that if you use olive oil it feels much nicer on the hands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails