Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quick Tip for DIY Manicures

So I have been REALLY into doing my own manicures lately. 
Seriously, like every 2 or 3 days, I do my nails and always in a different color.  I have blue, purple, pink...even white nail polish!

It is actually relaxing...I'll put in an old, feel-good movie and do my nails!
However, I am not particularly good at it.  
I am EXTREMELY right-handed and not a very steady hand either.

I always slip up and get polish everywhere.  A Q-tip dipped in polish remover can get big glops off without smearing your nail, but its not very helpful when trying to get into those hard places, like under/around your nail or in the cuticles.

Solution? 

A quick tip I found was to take a toothpick, dip in nail polish remover, and touch up in those little bitty places!

  I also found that roughing up the end a little bit helps the toothpick to absorb the polish remover.

So now I don't have to be a nail technician to have a good-looking manicure.

Who knew?

Ginger
SSB

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Much better than using the corner of a magazine page...which is what I do :-)
    Jess
    jbeedelightful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever! I want to branch out on my colors from the darks & pinks...like purple or blue! Why not? Thanks for tip & for coming by my place - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    Great manicure tips..I never do mine because I'm extremely right handed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great manicure tips, I've never been mine, because I am right too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails