Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi all you lovely mother's out there!  Congrats on a job well done.  
Being a mother is the hardest job God created.

And my mom is one of the best!
Check out what I made my mommy...
It was super easy to make and I got all the supplies at the Dollar Tree!

I started with a plain-jane wooden tray.

I gave it a light coat of ivory spray paint.
(btw, Lays Stax cans make great spray paint stands!)

I then measured a templet for the inside of the tray with notebook paper and then cut some toile contact paper to match.

Then, apply the contact paper and smooth it out using a credit card or something.

And this is the result.

Not bad but I'm not stopp'n there!  I spray painted some sea shells the same ivory.

Then hot glued them inside the tray.

Then I wrapped some jute around the outside, hot gluing it into place as I went.
And then added a jute bow on top!

And this cute little tray already had hanging hardware attached.  Sweetness.
All wrapped for mom and ready to go in a simple brown box with a jute bow!

Hope she loves it!  I know I do...I want one for myself now.

Happy Mother's Day mom :)

xoxo
Ginger

I'm linking to these awesome parties!

2 comments:

  1. Neat gift. Love the black and cream. You sound like me--giving away what I make. But then I never get mine made. :-) I think your mother will be very pleased.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the tray at Dollar Tree too? I haven't seen that but will be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails