Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Keepsake Magazine Charms

I saw these charms here and I have been wanting to make a keepsake necklace that would keep the boys close to my heart ~literally~ and I finally got around to doing it and it was really easy and so inexpensive.  

What you need:
tray charms
a magazine
a product called Glossy Accents (you can find it in the scrapbook section of the craft store)
chain, jump rings, jewelry pliers, etc.

First, cut out your designs from a magazine, book pages, whatever...the sky is the limit on that one.
Cut your little image to size.

Place your design in the tray charm...I used a tiny bit of the Glossy Accents to glue the images together and keep them from moving around.

 Only $6!  Sorry my pic is fuzzy...?

Fill the trays liberally with the goop above.  Set level and let it cure for at least 48 hours.

When the charms are thoroughly hardened...that is important, go ahead and assemble the necklace.  Don't get too eager like me and get a finger print in there!

Use a chain you have, a pre-made chain with a clasp, or build your own like I did.  I wanted a certain length so I bought a 60" chain, cut it to size  and attached a clasp.
I LOVE how it turned out!

And my favorite part, telling folks what each pic is and why!!

A little cute giraffe and the letter "S" for Sammy.
Fruit loops and the letter "J" for Jackie.
A pale pink rosebud and turquoise butterfly for me.

xoxo
Ginger

I'm linking to these awesome parties!

2 comments:

  1. Ginger -

    Those are so cute. I love them, especially how easy they are to do.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails