Monday, August 30, 2010

Hoo Hoo loves you baby?

So I've seen so many of the cute little owls everywhere and I decided to try my hand at one.
Perfect reason to make one?  My sweet little niece who loves coming to her Aunt Gigi's house!

Isn't she sweet?
I had some white minky left over from an order and the cutest pale pink paisley fabric!
I thought that would be perfect!

I also had some matching stripped fabric for the eyes and nose and did my first try at applique!
I appliqued everything to the minky, sewed the button eyes on, sewed and stuffed...
...and that's all she wrote.

So stink'n cute!  And soft...I know she'll love it!

Ginger
SSB

I'm linking:

Marketing Monday at Trendy Treehouse
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative Party Blog
Tot Tuesdays at Delicious Ambiguity
Anything Related at All Thingz Related
Messy Monday at The Pumpkin Patch 
Hoo's Got Talent at Night Owl Crafting
We Did It Wednesday at Sew Much Ado
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Show off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans
Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple
Get your Craft On at Life as Lori
Plant a Seed Friday at Punkin Seed Productions
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Crafty Friday at Home Sweet Farm

Keeping It Simple

9 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable! And I bet it is just all soft and cuddly since you used minky. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the minky. I used the minky on the owls I made too and they were so soft. I'm sure your niece will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Thanks for visiting me over at A Little Bit of Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! I LOVE owls and this one is so cute!

    I laughed when I read the name of your blog and decided right then I would like you. Now I am a follower of your blog and can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your niece will love it! I made my girls and nephew each one this summer, which you see on my blog. They love them and still carry them around. I added a pocket on the back, so my youngest is using hers as a tooth fairy pillow tonight.

    I found you on Night Owl Crafting and love your blog.

    :)
    Courtney
    ThePaisleyAbbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name of your blog too!
    :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I know "Hoo" will be the favorite Aunt!

    Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Hugs,

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute. thank you for sharing,Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails