Thursday, March 2, 2017

Granny Squares

Hello.

So in addition to my new interest in weaving, I have also taken up crochet again. I think I'm turning into a granny already :)

It is tough. So may formulas to learn and remember! I wanted to ease back into crochet and my first project, this winter ear warmer, was an easy one with only a single loop stitch and a quick little flower.


All the ladies in my family loved this and requested ear warmers! Currently working on one for my cousin.

Nevertheless, I wanted to up the anti and try some new formulas. I def needed a referesher on double and triple stitches....

A great beginner crochet project is granny squares. Here is a wonderful online class to follow along and learn to make your own :)


Plus the more you practice, the more squares you end up with and soon you have enough to piece together a blanket :)

Here are a few more that I worked on tonight. It takes about 15-20 minutes for me to complete one square. Eventually, I'll have a nice afgan for my couch :)


Enjoy.

xoxo
Ging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails