Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Trip to Hollywood!

Hello.

I had the recent fortunate opportunity to travel to Los Angeles for work :) I was super excited about the chance to visit California again. I had been only once before, with my mother and grandmother, when I was about 14. We did the whole experience then - Disneyland, Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive.... it was fun :)

However, timing was odd in that my boss asked me to fly out THE VERY DAY after wisdom teeth removal surgery. *note: It absolutely was not mandatory and I didn't have go if I didn't want to.

But I'm a really tough girl ;) and honestly, I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to visit California again!! So I went for it - day after mouth surgery and all. To tell you the truth, it was not bad at all.

SO! Here are some things I got to see and do:

First off, a view from the flight out! I love clouds and could photograph them forever.


Gorgeous palm trees everywhere! Super tall too.


Getting to hang with my friend and colleague while she showed me some sights!


We visited the Red Carpet where the stars walk to see the Oscars!





Some amazing views!

We hit up Hollywood Boulevard and saw some interesting spectacles ;)




And of course, the Stars ;) If I posted all of the pictures I took of stars, we'd be here all day but here are a few.


Chris Pratt........xoxo


Also did a little souvenir shopping for my family :) 

I got my boys some toy Oscar statues! Bought some Star Wars promotional prints for my husband for his collection.

I wasn't going to buy myself anything, but then came across an amazing antique store. I picked up this beautiful ring.


I generally do not wear jewelry other than my wedding ring, nose stud and ear plugs. But this pretty thing caught my eye and I had to have it!

Two major "must see" sights I wanted was the Hollywood sign (of course)


And the actual building where they filmed the famous balcony scene at the end of Pretty Woman.


It's facade has changed a bit from the movie after 27 years ;)


My last day in town included a lovely brunch with all the mimosa's I wanted :)

Then it was time to go home. My flight was delayed which was a bummer, but upside: I got a cool night shot of the city from the window.


I sure hope to go back again one day :)
Enjoy.

xoxo
Ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails