Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rubber Chicken Challenge-Homemade Chicken Stock

Alrighty! We've been cooking along on our Rubber Chicken Challenge. This recipe isn't a meal par-say, but is a corner stone to many types of meals from soups, to sauces, to gravies.

What you need:
the bones from your Roast Chicken
couple of carrots, peeled
half an onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
and I thru in a couple of dashes of dried Italian seasoning
8 cups of water



Set to boil in a stock pot.  Once it has come to a rolling boil, reduce heat to a simmer for about 4 hours.  Add water as needed and all done!

Happy Cooking and thanks for joining in on the Rubber Chicken Challenge!  Feel free to snag a button!




Photobucket




Ginger
SSB

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger! This is my first time here, and I was immediately intrigued with your denim projects!.. or should I say "Stuff from old jeans"! I had fun recycling old jeans too, so I'd love to see what you're making next, for new ideas! I already love the little monsters, the flower, and the clothes pin holder! Oh, and I love recipes too!.. Nice to meet you, and I am now officially a follower! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm - nothing better than home cooking Ginger! Homemade stock - now all you need are some homemade noodles! Yum!

    Thanks for planting your creative seed at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Krist
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails