Friday, March 3, 2017

Contact Paper wall art

Hello.

I'm sure you have guessed by now, but I'm a pretty frugal person. It's not that I'm a miser or penny-pincher... I just know I can make something cool for super cheap.

A few years ago, we decided to change our decor - big time. Everything we had were hand me downs and I knew I wanted something fresh and trendy. I started looking at ways to up-cycle items, re-purpose or reupholster. I wanted cool-looking big art pieces. I thought about doing some paintings but at that time I did not have a studio.

Enter this.


It's simply a piece of remnant particle board I got for free at Home Depot. Plus a roll of wood-grain print contact paper and some dandelion decals - both from Dollar Tree for $1 each.


I used hardware I already had to hang it. 
It's been gracing my living room wall for 7 years now in two different homes. It's simple and chic and I really love it.

Enjoy.

xoxo
Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails