Monday, March 6, 2017

In Love with Florals

Hello.

In decorating, every designer has their little tricks for pops of color. Could be pillows, throw blankets, art, etc. Even rugs.

And yes - I use all of the above :)

But I also really enjoys pretty flowers. What better way to add some natural-looking beauty in your home that a lovely vase filled with flowers that never die?!

But being very frugal, I want to pack a color punch without spending a lot of money. Enter the Dollar Tree.


Here is a selection I have in my house - and these are not even all of them. You can see my sweet little DIY Succulent Pot front and center :)

There are several approaches for floral arrangement color schemes but I really appreciate pinks and greens. They are very eye-catching from across a room.

All of these arrangements were made with Dollar Tree floral stems. Most of these are thrift store or gifted vases.


This is my most recent addition. I found this awesome, geo-style, vintage vase at a thrift store for $6. It was a little more than I usually would pay for a vase but I had to have it. I am constantly on the look out for vases and jars to put flowers in.

I added black river rock from DT (Dollar Tree) and some pretty pink, peach and green flowers.


This vase was gifted to me by my mother on Valentines Day a few years ago. I loved the bold pattern and thought smaller blooms would look really cool.


This was an easy DIY project. I bought a small glass jar, stems and decor rock from DT. 
I applied contact paper along the bottom in a pattern, applied frosting spray, let dry and then added decor rock and stems.


You can add height and draw eyes up with tall arrangements. A single, bright yellow DT stem in a tall blue bottle adds height next to my Beethoven bust :)


Speaking of busts, I found this adorable vintage flower holder at a thrift store. It even still had the foam in it. Added a few stems and too cute.

Post a comment with your floral projects!

Enjoy.

xoxo
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails