Friday, March 10, 2017

Gamer-themed Altered Thrift Store Art

Hello.

With my two growing sons, video games are a regular evil thing in my home. LOL! I'm not a video game person. As an artist, naturally I am extremely right-brained. But my husband and sons, being very tech-y, are extremely left brained.

This makes for an interesting and lop-sided household! But I love them and wouldn't have it any other way :)

Several years ago, I came across an artistic genre that has really turned into a "movement" if you will. Altered thrift store art! It also goes by up-cycled art, recycled art, redirected art and so on.

It marries to great loves in my life - art and recycling. It also pairs awesomely with just about any subject matter! This is the most fun way to create quirky conversational art :)


 All you need is a fantastic old painting or event a vintage print from a garage sale, thrift store or even off the side of the road. This art style gives new life to old art and keeps it out of the landfill.

I've entered my altered art into several local art shows, sold to collectors and was featured in a local newspaper :)


The sky is the limit! I've done several games-themed pieces for my sons' game room.




Enjoy!

xoxo
Ginger

I'll be linking to these awesome parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails